Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Rob Wynden <WY...@xoma.com> on 2001/12/05 19:57:50 UTC

Installation problems ... Null pointer exception

Greetings,

I have installed Jetstream into Tomcat 4.1 and I am getting a NULL pointer
exception at startup.

Any helpful advise?

Thank you!
Rob

ps.  Here is the error message:

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1-dev
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.1-dev
initializing all services using
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade
initializing service: ResourcesService
end initializing all services
initializing all services using
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade
initializing service: TurbineAssemblerBrokerService
initializing service: TurbineSchedulerService
initializing service: TurbineLocalizationService
initializing service: DaemonFactory
initializing service: DaemonFactory
initializing service: TurbineUniqueIdService
initializing service: EngineContext
initializing service: JspService
initializing service: ProfileManager
initializing service: PortletCache
initializing service: ThreadPool
initializing service: RegistryManager
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_my.netsc
ape.com_publish_formats_rss-0.91.dtd file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\ca
che\http_my.netscape.com_publish_formats_rss-0.91.dtd
initializing service: ThreadPool
initializing service: URLManager
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.slas
hdot.org_slashdot.rdf file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.sl
ashdot.org_slashdot.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.xmlh
ack.com_rsscat.php file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.xmlha
ck.com_rsscat.php
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apa
che.org_jetspeed_channels_apache.ocs file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\ca
che\http_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_apache.ocs
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_xml.com_
xml_xmlnews.rdf file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_xml.com_xml_
xmlnews.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apa
che.org_jetspeed_channels_jetspeed.rss file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\
cache\http_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_jetspeed.rss
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.mozi
lla.org_news.rdf file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.mozilla
.org_news.rdf
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_java.apa
che.org_jetspeed_channels_turbine.rss file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\c
ache\http_java.apache.org_jetspeed_channels_turbine.rss
DCE: isLocal:
url=file:///c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\cache\http_www.apac
heweek.com_issues_apacheweek-headlines.xml file=
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-
INF\cache\http_www.apacheweek.com_issues_apacheweek-headlines.xml
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registrymanager.FileWatcher.isModified(F
ileWatcher.java:165)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registrymanager.FileWatcher.run(FileWatc
her.java:144)
initializing service: TurbineSecurityService
initializing service: TurbinePoolBrokerService
initializing service: ResourcesService
initializing service: URLManager
initializing service: TurbineGlobalCacheService
initializing service: TurbineTemplateService
initializing service: TurbineXmlRpcService
initializing service: TurbineUploadService
end initializing all services

Re: Installation problems ... Null pointer exception

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Rob Wynden wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I have installed Jetstream into Tomcat 4.1 and I am getting a NULL pointer
>exception at startup.
>
>Any helpful advise?
>
>Thank you!
>Rob
>
>ps.  Here is the error message:

(...)

 From the error, you must be running a 1.3a1 version. This class is no
longer in the source base. Please, upgrade to a recent build or to cvs,
or wait until 1.3a2 is released.

There have been plenty of code changes, to make your problem mostly
untraceable now. I don't think you will get this error with a more
recent version. If so, please report again.