Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by ravi singh <rr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/26 03:19:50 UTC

BytesOutPerSec is more than BytesInPerSec.

I have set up my kafka broker with as single producer and consumer. When I
am plotting the graph for all topic bytes in/out per sec  i could see that
value of  BytesOutPerSec is more than BytesInPerSec.
Is this correct? I confirmed that my consumer is consuming the messages
only once. What could be the reason for this behavior?

[image: Inline image 1]

--
*Regards,*
*Ravi*

Re: BytesOutPerSec is more than BytesInPerSec.

Posted by ravi singh <rr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steven, I am using replication factor of 3 .
 As you mentioned, the replicas also consume from the leader that's the
reason for deviation in BytesInPerSec and BytesOutPersec

Regards,
Ravi

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ravi singh <rr...@gmail.com>.