Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/30 02:58:57 UTC

Re: Bring NetComponents source into sandbox

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 21:16, Brekke, Jeff wrote:
> Since Daniel Savarese has open sourced NetComponents < http://savarese.org >
> a small developer community has been growing.  Currently there is just a
> development list < http://savarese.org/java/index.html > and the source code
> is not stored in any online cvs server.
>
> Recently a vote/poll was taken on the developer list and the results
> indicate that contribution to jakarta-commons via committing into the
> sandbox was the choice.  So while this is not a formal proposal of a
> jakarta-commons project yet, I'd like to import the sources into sandbox and
> begin cleaning, moving, and culling the code.  I am a jakarta committer but
> am unclear on the current procedure to get access to import into
> jakarta-commons-sandbox.

Simply being a committer grants you access, someone just needs to give
you karma and you're all set!

> I've cross posted this message to the devel-netcomponents list as sort of an
> announcement there, but further response on this issue need only be on the
> commons-dev list.
>
> Thanks.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Bring NetComponents source into sandbox

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On 29 Mar 2002, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Date: 29 Mar 2002 20:58:57 -0500
> From: Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Bring NetComponents source into sandbox
>
> On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 21:16, Brekke, Jeff wrote:
> > Since Daniel Savarese has open sourced NetComponents < http://savarese.org >
> > a small developer community has been growing.  Currently there is just a
> > development list < http://savarese.org/java/index.html > and the source code
> > is not stored in any online cvs server.
> >
> > Recently a vote/poll was taken on the developer list and the results
> > indicate that contribution to jakarta-commons via committing into the
> > sandbox was the choice.  So while this is not a formal proposal of a
> > jakarta-commons project yet, I'd like to import the sources into sandbox and
> > begin cleaning, moving, and culling the code.  I am a jakarta committer but
> > am unclear on the current procedure to get access to import into
> > jakarta-commons-sandbox.
>
> Simply being a committer grants you access, someone just needs to give
> you karma and you're all set!

Done.  Jeffrey, you can now commit to jakarta-commons-sandbox.

> > I've cross posted this message to the devel-netcomponents list as sort of an
> > announcement there, but further response on this issue need only be on the
> > commons-dev list.
> >
> > Thanks.

> jvz.
>
> Jason van Zyl