Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/11 22:33:30 UTC

Iterating and debugging netbeans

I'd like to work on, hopefully, some small bit of functionality within the
IDE.

There's instructions on building from the raw source.

But once you've done that, and found the little bit of code that you want
to work with, how to you iterate the code-build-test/debug rinse/repeat
cycle?

I'm sure you don't just continually rebuild from the root, right?

Is this process written up somewhere?

And while I'm sure I've seen a "debug netbeans from netbeans" document
somewhere, doing a web search on that is pretty much useless to get that
specific concept. (You just get generic debugging java with netbeans links).

So, how is that best set up?

Thanks.

Regards,

Will Hartung

Re: Iterating and debugging netbeans

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Once you've built and run it, open the module you want to work on,
work on it, and then run it to see your change in action.

Gj