Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Kelvin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/27 12:56:52 UTC

If xalan support MacOS6.3/AS400/FreeBSD

Hi there,

I'd like to know if xalan can be supported on the following platforms
?  If not, any plan for these efforts ?

1) Mac OS 6.3
2) AS400
3) Windows 64
4) FreeBSD 4.11
5) FreeBSD 5.3

Many Thanks,
-Kelvin

Re: If xalan support MacOS6.3/AS400/FreeBSD

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Kelvin!
The platforms you have mentioned are not the platforms we build/test on
the daily basis.
Not even on weekly .
You may look at :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xalan/c/Makefile.incl.in?rev=1.41&view=markup
and see that the Mac/AS400/FreeBSD sections are there and , with some
massaging , you should be able to build.
Please note that in the latest releases we have switched to more
aggressive usage of C++ templates and other generic programming techniques
, so an upgrade to the latest
compiler version is highly recommended.

If you find out that some changes for the makefiles should be done ,
please feed its back to us , we will gladly commit it to the repository .
Thanks!
Dmitry Hayes

Kelvin <ke...@gmail.com>
10/27/2005 06:56 AM