Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2006/12/27 18:22:40 UTC

openejb2 code in openejb3

Would it be a good idea to remove the openejb2 code in openejb3 so
that it's clear what code goes, what code stays and what work remains
to be done?

Regards,
Alan

Re: openejb2 code in openejb3

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 29, 2006, at 12:31 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2006, at 11:21 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  It's really hard for someone
>>> who didn't set up openejb3 to understand what is meant for v3 and
>>> what is not.  I accidentally started groking the wrong container.
>>
>> I'm going to be starting with the Geronimo integration sometime
>> next week, so you may want to just wait.
>
> Sure, no problem.  I should have posted my questions to this list
> in the first place anyway.

Thinks are looking more concrete in the integration area, so I'd say
the timing is now good.  Going to kill what I can.

-David

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Dec 29, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2006, at 2:31 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> On 12/27/06, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>> Would it be a good idea to remove the openejb2 code in openejb3 so
>>> that it's clear what code goes, what code stays and what work
>>> remains
>>> to be done?
>>
>> If you're lucky not to break anything, I'd say go ahead and unplug
>> some parts of OpenEJB 2 matrix from the bone.
>
> Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  It's really hard for someone who
> didn't set up openejb3 to understand what is meant for v3 and what
> is not.  I accidentally started groking the wrong container.

I'm going to be starting with the Geronimo integration sometime next
week, so you may want to just wait.

-dain

Re: openejb2 code in openejb3

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 12/27/06, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to remove the openejb2 code in openejb3 so
> that it's clear what code goes, what code stays and what work remains
> to be done?

If you're lucky not to break anything, I'd say go ahead and unplug
some parts of OpenEJB 2 matrix from the bone.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

Re: openejb2 code in openejb3

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 27, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Would it be a good idea to remove the openejb2 code in openejb3 so
> that it's clear what code goes, what code stays and what work
> remains to be done?

The code is still getting referenced heavily at the moment.  I
imagine once the first openejb3 integration with geronimo is done,
we'll flush any unused code.

-David