Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by chriddyp <ch...@plot.ly> on 2016/08/31 17:13:01 UTC

Re: How can I change the color model of an SVG image from RGB to CMYK and vice versa?

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote
> .
>
> 2. you can use the new functions specified in the SVG Color 1.2 working
> draft to specify device-specific CMYK colors (device-cmyk() function [4]).
> I've implemented this in the color branches but this is work in progress
> on the side of the specification so this can still change.
>
> But in both cases, you need the code from the color branches to have the
> colors make it into the PDF "as is".

Has there been any updates to CMYK support or any other work-arounds?

I help develop a web-based graphing library
(https://github.com/plotly/plotly.js) that draws graphics in the browser
with SVG. Users use Batik to print their graphics in PDF or EPS format. Some
users would like to specify both RGB (for web-based viewing) and CMYK colors
for printing.

If we add `device-cmyk(0.11, 0.48, 0.83, 0.00)"` to our SVG paths, will
these colors be used in PDF conversion?