Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Maring <St...@trcinc.com> on 2000/03/29 15:03:33 UTC

problem with sample XSP logicsheets and Cocoon-1.7?

Has anybody else had problems getting logicsheets to work?  Specifically,
the clean-page.xml/page-xsp.xsl sample seems to not be working, yet not
throwing ANY errors to any logs( this makes debugging kind of tough ).  You
just don't see the values in the fields.

The lib-page.xml sample seems to be properly operating with references to
the library logicsheets, but trying to see the source of the libraries with
the view-source.xml links at the bottom of the page throws this:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: resource
at
_data._htdocs._cocoon_samples._xsp._view_source.populateDocument(_view_sourc
e.java, Compiled Code) ...

Did the construction method of logicsheets change from Cocoon-1.6 to
Cocoon-1.7 and the docs/samples didn't?

Also, anybody know of some more docs/samples of doing logicsheets than what
comes in the dist?

I'm using xalan-1_0_0 and xerces_1_0_3 on Linux.

Thanks.

Steve Maring
Tampa, FL

Re: problem with sample XSP logicsheets and Cocoon-1.7?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Steven Maring wrote:

> Has anybody else had problems getting logicsheets to work?  Specifically,
> the clean-page.xml/page-xsp.xsl sample seems to not be working, yet not
> throwing ANY errors to any logs( this makes debugging kind of tough ).  You
> just don't see the values in the fields.

I have posted this problem a couple of times, but am not aware of any
answer that came forth.

This bug exists (on my machine) with any version of xerces and xalan
newer than 1.0.1 and 0.19.3D01 respectively.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: Text of current node

Posted by Phil Lanch <ph...@aldigital.co.uk>.
John Ky wrote:

> My XML book says I can do this:
>
> <xsl:value-of />

i guess that must have worked in earlier working drafts of the XSLT
spec; now you need-

<xsl:value-of select="."/>

--

cheers

phil

"The cab company the card in Alkan's bathroom referred to
was easily found. It was a cubbyhole tenanted by an Italian
speaker in a flat tweed cap. He made no sign of remembering
a tall, thin man, somewhat like Le Corbusier. Indeed, it could
have been a resistance to the Modernist movement as a whole that
made him so abusive towards me when I pressed him for information."

Re: Text of current node

Posted by John Ky <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Stefano:
> <xsl:value-of select="."/>

That notation makes perfect sense.

Thanks

John

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Text of current node

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
John Ky wrote:

> How do I use XSL to access the text of the
> current node?
>
> My XML book says I can do this:
>
> <xsl:value-of />
>
> But it doesn't seem to work.  Eg:
>
>    <xsl:for-each select="menu-item">
>      <a>
>       <xsl:attribute name="href">
>        javascipt:
>        fireEvent(
>         '<xsl:value-of select="@widgetID"/>',
>         'onclick'
>         );
>       </xsl:attribute>
>       <xsl:value-of />
>      </a>
>    </xsl:for-each>

<xsl:value-of select="."/>

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Text of current node

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Steven Maring wrote:
>
> > Has anybody else had problems getting logicsheets to work?  Specifically,
> > the clean-page.xml/page-xsp.xsl sample seems to not be working, yet not
> > throwing ANY errors to any logs( this makes debugging kind of tough ).  You
> > just don't see the values in the fields.
>
> Dunno - pester Ricardo. :)
>

> > The lib-page.xml sample seems to be properly operating with references to
> > the library logicsheets, but trying to see the source of the libraries with
> > the view-source.xml links at the bottom of the page throws this:
> >
> > java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: resource
> > at
> > _data._htdocs._cocoon_samples._xsp._view_source.populateDocument(_view_sourc
> > e.java, Compiled Code) ...
> >
> > Did the construction method of logicsheets change from Cocoon-1.6 to
> > Cocoon-1.7 and the docs/samples didn't?
> >
> > Also, anybody know of some more docs/samples of doing logicsheets than what
> > comes in the dist?
> >
> > I'm using xalan-1_0_0 and xerces_1_0_3 on Linux.
>
> Hmm. here it sounds like that nasty URLFactory oddity creeping up again.
> Here's my understanding of the mess - Java lets you add special protocol
> handlers to its URL classes, so that you can register handlers for special
> URLs of your own devising (e.g. resource://org.apache....). However,
> there's a catch - only one class gets the chance to do this. It sounds
> like there's another class in your JVM that's already used this trick and
> has messed it up for cocoon. You might try running cocoon in a seperate
> jserv instance without any extras in the classpath (oracle stuff, weblogic
> stuff, whatever) and see if it gets better. Note I'm really fuzzy on the
> details; Stefano can probably explain better.

All your problems are already fixed in what it's in the CVS.

Expect a release "real soon now(tm)"...

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Steven Maring wrote:

> Has anybody else had problems getting logicsheets to work?  Specifically,
> the clean-page.xml/page-xsp.xsl sample seems to not be working, yet not
> throwing ANY errors to any logs( this makes debugging kind of tough ).  You
> just don't see the values in the fields.

Dunno - pester Ricardo. :)

> The lib-page.xml sample seems to be properly operating with references to
> the library logicsheets, but trying to see the source of the libraries with
> the view-source.xml links at the bottom of the page throws this:
>
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: resource
> at
> _data._htdocs._cocoon_samples._xsp._view_source.populateDocument(_view_sourc
> e.java, Compiled Code) ...
>
> Did the construction method of logicsheets change from Cocoon-1.6 to
> Cocoon-1.7 and the docs/samples didn't?
>
> Also, anybody know of some more docs/samples of doing logicsheets than what
> comes in the dist?
>
> I'm using xalan-1_0_0 and xerces_1_0_3 on Linux.

Hmm. here it sounds like that nasty URLFactory oddity creeping up again.
Here's my understanding of the mess - Java lets you add special protocol
handlers to its URL classes, so that you can register handlers for special
URLs of your own devising (e.g. resource://org.apache....). However,
there's a catch - only one class gets the chance to do this. It sounds
like there's another class in your JVM that's already used this trick and
has messed it up for cocoon. You might try running cocoon in a seperate
jserv instance without any extras in the classpath (oracle stuff, weblogic
stuff, whatever) and see if it gets better. Note I'm really fuzzy on the
details; Stefano can probably explain better.

- donald