Posted to users@camel.apache.org by figc <m_...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/26 22:54:09 UTC

Async processing for

I have a spring-mvc / ext-js application which currently executes as such:

1) User enters data in a form which gets submitted as json to an mvc
controller.
The mvc controller invokes a web service, retrieves a file, does some
ETL/database stuff and sends an email if there are problems...then it sends
back a JSON response to the user who submitted the form. This is all
synchronous so the user has to wait till the whole thing is done, which can
take some time.

I'd like to run this asynchronously using camel where all the user does is
submit the form. The only difference to the user is the time of the
response...which should be considerably less.

The parts I'd like to put in a camel route are the following:

1) Invoke web service
2) do some ETL
3) do some database stuff
4) send an email

I was looking at the camel servlet component to kick off a route but from
what I gathered, this is still synchronous.

What are my options for running the above process asynchronously?
Send a jms message for camel to pick up and to the processing?

Any direction is appreciated.

Re: Async processing for

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
There is also the wire tap eip

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:54 PM, figc <m_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a spring-mvc / ext-js application which currently executes as such:
>
> 1) User enters data in a form which gets submitted as json to an mvc
> controller.
> The mvc controller invokes a web service, retrieves a file, does some
> ETL/database stuff and sends an email if there are problems...then it sends
> back a JSON response to the user who submitted the form. This is all
> synchronous so the user has to wait till the whole thing is done, which can
> take some time.
>
> I'd like to run this asynchronously using camel where all the user does is
> submit the form. The only difference to the user is the time of the
> response...which should be considerably less.
>
> The parts I'd like to put in a camel route are the following:
>
> 1) Invoke web service
> 2) do some ETL
> 3) do some database stuff
> 4) send an email
>
> I was looking at the camel servlet component to kick off a route but from
> what I gathered, this is still synchronous.
>
> What are my options for running the above process asynchronously?
> Send a jms message for camel to pick up and to the processing?
>
> Any direction is appreciated.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com