Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/11 14:12:15 UTC

Re: Re : Optimum value for native_transport_max_concurrent_connections and native_transport_max_concurrent_connections_per_ip

Hi,

tl;dr: Would you like to give Cassandra 2.1 a try?

Longer answer:

With the good versions of both the driver and Cassandra, you could be using
the V3 protocol, which dramatically improved way connections work.

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/java-driver-2-1-2-native-protocol-v3

Also, in  C*2.1, nodetool tpstats outputs the number of blocked native
requests, allowing to better tune the
native_transport_max_concurrent_connections.

If you don't want to upgrade to 2.1, just try tuning the number of
connection on the client side and monitor. About
native_transport_max_concurrent_connections, as for other parameters,
starting from defaults and monitoring the changes, working as much as
possible on a canary node is often the best way to go.

Hope this helps,

C*heers,
Alain Rodriguez - alain@thelastpickle.com
France

http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>.
thanks Alain. We were planning to move to 2.0.17 to begin with, and later
move to 2.1. We will try tweaking the number of connections from the
application side to begin with.

thanks
Sai