Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com> on 2019/02/01 15:38:30 UTC

popup error from symbolic link

Anyone seen this?  I have a symbolic link in project folder that points to some configuration files on a network drive and all of the sudden I started getting this error:

[cid:image001.png@01D4BA1A.44D801F0]

I have symbolic links in other projects without issue.  Even if I close the project that has the symbolic link in it, I still see the error.  This is whenever I do an open.  I even tried removing the symbolic link all together and it still shows up.  The popup shows about 5 or 6 times before I can continue.

JDK 8 update 192.  Netbeans 10 VC3 (although reproduced in official release).  Windows 10 OS.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Billman
Senior Software Engineer
CPTE

[qclogo]

11800 Conrey Rd
Suite 150
Cincinnati, OH 45249

T +1 513 469 1424
E mikebillman@qcsoftware.com<ma...@qcsoftware.com>
F +1 513 469 1425

Re: popup error from symbolic link

Posted by Joerg Michelberger <j....@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

There is a Bug introduced in Windows jdk 8u191, which causes notification
dialogs if there are broken .lnk files, every time open the file open or
file save dialog. Try 8u181 to verify that NetBeans is not broken. I did
this days ago with the same broken link problem.
There is a issue in openjdk jira describing the issue. It is in resolved
state for JDK 12. And there are several backport issues, one for 8u202 b32.

Good news, but bad luck for someone looking for last free Oracle jdk8 ...

Regards,
Joerg Michelberger

JUG Bodensee

Am Fr., 1. Feb. 2019, 16:38 hat Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com>