Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com> on 2007/06/29 22:49:43 UTC

maven proxies

I am currently running maven-proxy-webapp (a build from a long time ago)
and wanted to ask what other maven proxy apps were out there. What other
ones are there, and is there any one better than the others?

Thanks,

Brad

Re: maven proxies

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I've done a little review of those that are publicly available that
I'll post soon, but if you have any specific questions I'd be happy to
answer them from my evaluation.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: maven proxies

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Archiva

Re: maven proxies

Posted by Yoav Landman <yl...@gmail.com>.
Just to complete/correct the picture:
Artifactory HAS the kind of security you describe, in fact it might be even
a bit more powerful than that - see:
http://www.jfrog.org/sites/artifactory/latest/security.html
It also supports blacking out repositories and include/exclude artifact
patterns (in case you don't want to share with the rest of the world on the
way to repo1 the fact that your company is working on a new version of
product X).
You may find the following TSS article which includes a comparative report
useful:
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=SettingUpMavenRepository

I am of course very Artifactory oriented ;) (The TSS article is an
independent one, however).

HTH,

-Yoav