Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1998/06/04 21:04:59 UTC

Summary of my 1.3.0 testing.

This is a summary of my testing on 1.3.0.  I don't see any of
issues should prevent release.

For all these I have (using the new configure): built, installed,
run, restarted, stopped, fetched the entire default site, and the
head of assorted pages.  The client was perl's lwp based since I
haven't got libwww to behave for me yet.

Notes  Platform
     HP-UX wy A.09.00 E 9000/835 12002161 8-user license
 2   SunOS ontario 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5
     HP-UX rwanda B.10.01 A 9000/710 2011145811 two-user license
     IRIX india 5.2 02282013 IP12 mips
 2   SunOS baltimore 4.1.4 4 sun4m
3,4  OSF1 moscow V3.2 148 alpha
1,5  ULTRIX th 4.1 0 RISC

0. [all] recursively fetching the entire default site generates
   one error from lwp's point of view on all platforms.

1. [mips] test doesn't like the -x arg, but by changing it to -f
   was able to proceed.

2. [sun4, solaris] ps doesn't like -p
   (I resolved by removing it)

3. [alphaosf] I do not see the reported problem with the log
   showing 0.0.0.0 on this 64 bit platform.

4. [alphaosf] I get a very weird intermettent problem which is probably
   NFS related.  apachectl's  if [ -f $PIDFILE ] set PID = `cat $PIDFILE`
   fails with cat complaining that it can't see the file intermittently.

5. [mips] The new make install didn't like test, adding else clause
   resolved that, but then other problems with install show'd up
   and I haven't gone back yet.

Of course #3 and #4 aren't problems at all.

I haven't looked at the NT yet.

 - ben hyde

Re: Summary of my 1.3.0 testing.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> 2. [sun4, solaris] ps doesn't like -p
>    (I resolved by removing it)

I wonder if something like this would be portable:

    # guess that ps -p works
    PS="ps -p"
    # assume pid 1 exists, and try a few other ps options to see
    # which one this system supports
    if ps p 1 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
	PS="ps p"
    else
	if ps 1 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
	    PS="ps"
	fi
    fi
    if $PS $pid >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
	echo $pid exists
    else
	echo $pid not there
    fi