Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/03/05 16:57:04 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

Apache Karaf provides higher level features and services
specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Community
=========
The Karaf community continues to provide help to others Apache
projects (Whirr, Archiva, etc) in order to increase the Karaf
adoption.

We welcome a new committer: Stephen Evanchik. Stephen already signed
the ICLA. His account should be setup soon.
Stephan made the donation to EIK (see below).

We are discussing about mentoring a GSoC project.

Some indicators during the last 3 months:
- Download: around 14,000 distribution downloads
- User mailing list: 718 messages
- Dev mailing list: 706 messages
- Commits: 742

Development
===========
The following new releases have been voted:
* Apache Karaf 2.2.5
* Apache Karaf Cellar 2.2.3

We made progresses on the stabilization of the Karaf 3.0 next release.
A karaf-3.0.x branch will be cut off soon in order to prepare a first RC.

A new Karaf sub-project has been created: EIK (Eclipse Integration for
Karaf), which allows to run Karaf directly into the Eclipse IDE.

Web Site
=======
A new version of the website has been deployed to give more visibility to
the Karaf sub-projects.

Branding
========
  * project website basics: ok