Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org> on 2004/12/22 11:17:58 UTC

[Announce] Migrating Jetspeed 2 to Portals

The Portals PMC has decided to soon complete the migration of all
Jetspeed related resources
from Jakarta to Portals as well as use this occasion to restructure
somewhat the organisation of
the project.

You can find the details of the plan on the wiki page :
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/JetspeedMigration

In short:
We'll migrate all resources in 2 phases, first Jetspeed 2 related
repositories with the creation of
new dedicated mailing lists and then Jetspeed 1 resources with new
mailing lists as well.
All repositories will be converted from CVS to SVN during this process.

Consequences:
* All current subscribers of these mailing-lists will be migrated to the
Portals Jetspeed 1 mailing-lists
but will have to manually subscribe to the Jetspeed 2 lists.
* We'll have to lock down the CVS repositories for possibly 1 or 2 days
during the SVN conversion.

If enough people are available next week for testing the converted
repository, I'd like to
convert J2 repository sometimes next week (ideally on Tuesday or Wednesday).

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: [Announce] Migrating Jetspeed 2 to Portals

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Dec 23, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Raphaël Luta wrote:

>> I was considering trying to release 1.6 on Monday (Dec 27).
>> Although I still have a number of bugs to fix related to the new
>> navigations.
>> But Im now wondering if it would be better to release 1.6 after the
>> migration....
>
> Jetspeed 2 migration should have no impact on a Jetspeed 1.6 release.
> If the release is ready and tested, I don't see any reason not to
> release as soon as possible.
>
> I do feel we should have on the 1.x branch some build candidates for
> testing purposes before calling this build an official release to
> avoid the issues we experienced with 1.5 (non working test...)

+1
I'll start with a release candidate 1.6 rc1 on Monday

Re: [Announce] Migrating Jetspeed 2 to Portals

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@aptiwan.com>.

Raphaël Luta - raphael.luta@aptiwan.com
Aptiwan, l'intelligence du réseau - http://www.aptiwan.com/

Re: [Announce] Migrating Jetspeed 2 to Portals

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Dec 22, 2004, at 2:17 AM, Raphaël Luta wrote:

> The Portals PMC has decided to soon complete the migration of all
> Jetspeed related resources
> from Jakarta to Portals as well as use this occasion to restructure
> somewhat the organisation of
> the project.
>
> You can find the details of the plan on the wiki page :
> http://wiki.apache.org/portals/JetspeedMigration
>
> In short:
> We'll migrate all resources in 2 phases, first Jetspeed 2 related
> repositories with the creation of
> new dedicated mailing lists and then Jetspeed 1 resources with new
> mailing lists as well.
> All repositories will be converted from CVS to SVN during this process.
>
> Consequences:
> * All current subscribers of these mailing-lists will be migrated to
> the Portals Jetspeed 1 mailing-lists
> but will have to manually subscribe to the Jetspeed 2 lists.
> * We'll have to lock down the CVS repositories for possibly 1 or 2
> days during the SVN conversion.
>
> If enough people are available next week for testing the converted
> repository, I'd like to
> convert J2 repository sometimes next week (ideally on Tuesday or
> Wednesday).

I was considering trying to release 1.6 on Monday (Dec 27).
Although I still have a number of bugs to fix related to the new
navigations.
But Im now wondering if it would be better to release 1.6 after the
migration....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software