Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by st...@bb.com.br on 2003/12/18 12:30:39 UTC

Ideia

We could use those suggested action-forward parameters to configure the
Tiles Framework.
Instead of creating one definition for each page, the forward mappping
parameter could be used to configure the definition parameters.
Creating one definition of each target is hard work  (this is true when
using extension too), because most of pages of a module works on the same
page layout.

If this can't be done, we could use the last word of the definition name to
denote the value of a 'special' parameter, such as body.
For example: .common.client.showClient.jsp -> could configure the 'body'
property of the '.common.client' definition.

Stutz

Re: Ideia

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <Ce...@baseBeans.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 stutz@bb.com.br wrote:

>>Creating one definition of each target is hard work  (this is true when
>>using extension too), because most of pages of a module works on the same
>>page layout.
>

> It's not "hard work" at all if you make use of 'extends'. ;-)
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

If there is a way to *not* have to create a definition just to change on
tile...
and maybe combine it to Struts config so the * mapping can be used.

.V

Re: Ideia

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.