Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> on 2006/03/09 18:31:56 UTC

Welcome Page Not Working

Greetings

I have a struts app called "bus" and I have an action kicker.do.  How do
I tell my app to start kicker.do if no other info on the url is given.

for example

http://myserver.com/bus  should run http://myserver.com/bus/kicker.do

I put
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>/kicker.do</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

this in my web.xml and that didn't do it.  Anyone know what I am doing
wrong?

thanks
troy

Re: Welcome Page Not Working

Posted by Oshima Tlholoe <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi Troy,
What you need to is have an index.jsp, specify the index,jsp in your
web.xmllike tihs
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>

>   </welcome-file-list>

after that you need to code your index.jsp like this

  <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
     <logic:redirect forward="kicker"/>
In this case "kicker" will be the logical name of your global ActionForward,
the servlet will use this logical name to retrieve the kicker.do URL calling
the related Action.

On your struts-config.xml, you need to have the following global
ActionForward object

<global-forwards>
       <forward name="kicker" path="/kicker.do" />
</global-forwards>

It should work this way.

On 3/9/06, Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I have a struts app called "bus" and I have an action kicker.do.  How do
> I tell my app to start kicker.do if no other info on the url is given.
>
> for example
>
> http://myserver.com/bus  should run http://myserver.com/bus/kicker.do
>
> I put
>   <welcome-file-list>
>     <welcome-file>/kicker.do</welcome-file>
>   </welcome-file-list>
>
> this in my web.xml and that didn't do it.  Anyone know what I am doing
> wrong?
>
> thanks
> troy

Regards
Name : Oshima Tlholoe
Cell No: +2773 342 4393
Tel No : +2712 350 1282(w)
E-mail : oshimat@gmail.com
simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

RE: Welcome Page Not Working

Posted by "Juan M. Tula" <ju...@yahoo.com.ar>.
You should put it in the root directory of your application, in the
directory containing your WEB-INF directory.

Posted by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu>.

RE: Welcome Page Not Working