Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/10/15 03:09:18 UTC

dotnet local tests

I'm putting together the tests for axis client against a local .net server;
expect the commits to come in this week.

If you want to run these, install IIS and then .NET framework 1.0. you wont
need vs.net; just the framework installed *after* you install IIS. Oh, and
dont forget the security patches for IIS.

How many people will be able to do this? IIS is the showstopper; we may want
to think about adding support for cassini
(http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/) (think jetty for ASP.net),
but I dont want to add complexity (or an unrealistic server).

once the process is in place we can start adding more bugreps to the
endpoints; for .net bugs from now on we should start asking for the endpoint
code snippets too.

-Steve