Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1996/07/03 02:29:25 UTC

on the plate for 1.1-final

It looks like we have rough consensus for the following changes to 1.1b5
for 1.1 final.  Note that they are all documentation changes, with the
exception of one config file change.  I will wait for 6 hours to make
these changes (until 11:30pm PST) - if there is any contention, please
speak now, and if there is a veto, it won't be built into 1.1.

*) document that mod_proxy does not compile on NeXT

*) fix access.conf to use better <Limit> directives (or none at all)

*) add an empty htdocs directory with a blank index.html in it.

*) add text to README about mod_auth_msql and mod_cern_meta newer
   versions.

1.1 final will be built and put in /httpd/dist at midnight PST.  At 11am
PST, I will send an announcement to apache-announce and
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix announcing the official availability of
1.1.  The binary releases should trickle in over the course of the day
Wednesday.

I will circle around a proposed change to access.conf in the next few
minutes.

	Brian

Re: on the plate for 1.1-final

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> *) add an empty htdocs directory with a blank index.html in it.

I think it should have text in it. "Welcome to Apache" and a link to the
docs, maybe some HTMl starters? And the "Powered by Apache" icon.

Everything else looks okay.

> 1.1 final will be built and put in /httpd/dist at midnight PST.  At 11am
> PST, I will send an announcement to apache-announce and
> comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix announcing the official availability of
> 1.1.  The binary releases should trickle in over the course of the day
> Wednesday.

Sounds good. Don't forget to change SERVER_VERSION (and commit and tag
and all that other stuff - as per
http://hyperreal.com/httpd/how-to-release.html, but you probably
know that, because you put it there) to "Apache/1.1.0" (the tag therefore
would be APACHE_1_1_0). It sounds obvious, but I've seen enough "released"
software that still calls itself the version of the final beta...

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server