Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2004/01/19 19:30:54 UTC

jUDDI Status Report

  * is the STATUS file up to date? (also post link)

    jUDDI's status file (cwiki) is up-to-date though
    the site still needed to be rebuilt for the latest
    changes to be seen.
    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/juddi.html

  * any legal, cross-project or personal issues
    that still need to be addressed?

    No outstanding issues.

  * what has been done for incubation since the
    last report?

    All four project committers have submitted
    CLA's. We're still waiting on confirmation
    for one of these.

    A jUDDI Web Site has been created at Apache
    and the original jUDDI web site redirects
    visitors to the new web site.
    http://ws.apache.org/juddi/

    An cvs module is in place and the jUDDI source
    has been imported. Java packages have been renamed
    from "org.juddi" to "org.apache.juddi" and all
    source files have been modified to include the
    ASF copyright notice.

    juddi-dev@ws.apache.org have been created and
    are being archived.

    Issue tracking has been setup under Jira.

    Gump is successfully building jUDDI.
    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ws-juddi/

  * plans and expectations for the next period?

    Still need to acquire and check in license files
    for dependent non-Apache libraries that are
    distributed with jUDDI.

    Waiting to be notified that the fourth committer's
    CLA has been received and his account created and
    granted the appropriate privs.

    Assemble a to-do list (roadmap) for future
    development and plan the next jUDDI release.

    We'd like to wrap up the few issues that are
    outstanding and exit incubation before the next
    period comes to a close.

  * any recommendations for how incubation could run
    more smoothly for you?

    I've heard reference to a STATUS file as well as
    the jUDDI cwiki that I've been updating. While I've
    assumed they are one-in-the-same I'm not certain
    of that (perhaps you can enlighten me). If they are
    not they same thing then I'm confused about the need
    to keep status in two different places. Even this
    status report is more or less a reformatted version
    the cwiki document.

Steve Viens
steve@viens.net