Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Asensio <da...@acotelsa.com> on 2006/02/02 18:02:48 UTC

[HttpClient] Connect to secure site with certificate not signed by verisign

Hi all (this is my first post).

I'm using Commons-HttpClient to connect to a site with a certificate not
signed by verisign.

The examples I can find in the "SSL Guide" works with
"https://www.verisign.com/" but not with this another web-site, I get
the following exception: "Fatal transport error:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found"

I know I can solve the problem by importing the certificate but I don't
want to do it that way.

Is there any option to do it?
Shall I use another JSSE provider?

Thanks.

Re: [HttpClient] Connect to secure site with certificate not signed by verisign

Posted by David Asensio <da...@acotelsa.com>.
Thanks, that was the clue...

I've already solved it.

David Asensio Ortega