Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 16:05:08 UTC

Using the Report Writer

 Hi,

How can I create an HTML report after a test run? Do I need to use HTML
Report Writer for this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: Using the Report Writer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/05/07, Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried the Ant task. I have some questions about that:
>
>   1. I understand it uses the JMeter log, and not listeners that I
>   configure in JMeter. What is the difference between the two?

No difference, except that the Ant task sets certain properties that
it needs for the logfile analysis.

It's equivalent to using the -l command-line flag (which picks up the
config from jmeter.properties).

>   2. The generated HTML report I'm getting is empty, although the log
>   file has information in it. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps using the wrong XSL file?

You can also use the XSL on an existing log file (so long as it is XML
and has the required fields) by using the following command:

ant -Dtest=script report

Have a look at the build.xml file in the extras directory.

Re: Using the Report Writer

Posted by Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com>.

Re: Using the Report Writer

Posted by Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com>.
What about the report components? Do they work?

Re: Using the Report Writer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There's also the Ant task and some stylesheets in the "extras" directory.

S.
On 24/05/07, Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. What about the report components - can I use them? Are they at all
> functional? In the user manual (section
> 18.10<http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Reports>),
> there is no information about them.
>
> Jonathan
>

> On 5/21/07, aidy lewis <ai...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 21/05/07, Jonathan Goldstein <go...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > > How can I create an HTML report after a test run? Do I need to use HTML
> > > Report Writer for this?
> >
> > I will post some code on the faq when I get home. I use REXML to log
> > to XML then XSLT to create an HTML test run page.
> >
> > aidy

Re: Problem with regex extractor

Posted by li...@dankeeley.co.uk.
Yes, this is a dual cpu solaris intel box.  Using JMeter 2.2 and sun Java 6.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24/05/07, lists@dankeeley.co.uk <li...@dankeeley.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use a regex extractor to extract a ref from an XML/RPC message, and
> then use it in the next request to respond back.  (An acknowledgement as
> we call it )
>
> The test runs for several hours over night.  The test has many other
> thread groups which send different messages.  This is the only group that
> uses a regex extractor.
>
> During the run, 9961 ack's are sent.  out of these, 18 fail because the
> regex failed to extract the correct message ref.  However our DB stores
> the xml sent back and forth, and if i paste the xml into this link below:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/oro/demo.html
>
> then i can see that the message ref is correctly extracted.
>
> So my question is, why am i getting these occasional failures?  Or more to

Perhaps there is a thread-safety problem.

Does the RE use fixed strings, or are any variables used?

How many threads in the thread group?

> the point, how can I investigate further?

You could use the "Save Responses"  Post-Processor as a child of the
samplers to create a copy of all the responses.

Is there any pattern to the failures?
Do they match the wrong text, or do they fail to match at all?

> ( Also; I have 2 regex's following each other, would it be more efficient
> if they could be combined into 1, and we could map the occurrance number
> to the variable name? )

Very difficult to say in general - you would have to test it, as
different REs can have very different perfomance characteristics.

But it is likely that a simple combination such as

   num1=(\d+)\s+num2=(\d+)

would be more efficient than

  num1=(\d+)

followed by