Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/04/27 08:29:28 UTC

Board report

Hello Fineract community,

Up until now, we have reported to the Incubator, and the Incubator has
reported to the ASF Board for us.  Now that we are graduated we report
directly to the ASF Board.  As chair of the PMC, it is my job to make
sure that we submit that report.  I am not the project community
though, and it is up to the committers to make sure the contents of
the report reflect the true state of our project.

The ASF Board meets on Wed. May 17th, and the deadline for submitting
our report is Wed May 10th.  The reason the deadline is well before
the meeting is because board members review, digest, and, if
necessary, ask questions in the week before the board meeting.  With
over 300 projects reporting on a quarterly basis, board members have a
lot of material to cover.  In addition, I may need some extra time
navigating the report submission process, since this is the first time
I'll be doing it.

We want to continue to be one of the projects which are
well-organized, so let's add some buffer to that May 10th deadline to
make sure we have enough time to discuss and consider our own report
before the deadline.  My suggestion would be that we aim to get the
report done by Friday May 5th.

So:
* Go to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/2017-05+May+Report.
* Add what you think should be reported.  If your thoughts are
incomplete, don't hesitate to add them anyways with a note that they
require expanding.
* This first pass is a five minute task, so do it right now.
* I'll send out another reminder on Wed, May 3rd.

Best Regards,
Myrle Krantz
V.P, Apache Fineract

Re: Board report

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
FYI: The report has now been submitted to the board, 2 days ahead of
the May 10th EOB deadline.

Thanks especially to Ed Cable for contributing content.

Best Regards,
Myrle

Re: Board report

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.