Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Henrik Chua <ch...@columbusgroup.com> on 2001/12/06 02:14:48 UTC

forwarding question

Hi!

How should I set the return type of the perform method of my action class
such that I get back to the same page before the action is performed?

like if i am on the a.jsp page, then I click on a link that does a perform
method.  I want to get back to the same page as I was. (without hardcoding
the filename of the page.)

thanx in advance.

henrik

RE: forwarding question

Posted by Shri <sd...@gresham-computing.com.au>.
by mapping a.jsp in your struts-config.xml file like this:

assuming you want to use 'success' as the name of the mapping,

<forward name="success" path="/a.jsp" />

Shri

How should I set the return type of the perform method of my action class
such that I get back to the same page before the action is performed?

like if i am on the a.jsp page, then I click on a link that does a perform
method.  I want to get back to the same page as I was. (without hardcoding
the filename of the page.)

thanx in advance.

henrik

For additional commands, e-mail: