Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Zhuk <je...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/20 17:34:21 UTC

cannot LoadModule mod_perl on apache2.2

Hello!

I'd highly appreciate any help/advice on the following.

I installed mod_perl 2 on Apache 2.2 using the following:

>ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl.ppd
====================
Install 'mod_perl' version 2.0.4 in ActivePerl 5.8.4.810.
====================
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Apache2\typemap
Installing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\Apache2\Access\Access.bs

It was the first time install, so I don't think I need any renaming. Right?

I can see the mod_perl.so in the Apache/modules directory on windows XP.

I have 2 lines in the http.conf:

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

Apache doesn't want to start unless I comment the LoadModule line.

I don't see any specific error in the error.log (I think this log only starts after Apache starts)

Any advice?

Thank you,

Jeff