Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "KAMM, BILL" <wk...@att.com> on 2016/01/29 18:56:58 UTC

Cassandra driver class

I'm just getting started with Cassandra, and am trying to integrate it with JBoss.  I'm configuring the standalone-ha-full.xml file, but don't know what to use for the driver class.  For example, I have this:

<drivers>
    <driver name="cassandra" module="com.abc.xyz.jboss.cassandra">
        <driver-class>com.datastax.driver.core.xxxxxxxx</driver-class>
    </driver>
</drivers>

What do I replace "xxxxxxxx" with?

Is "com.datastax.driver.core" even correct, or am I going down the wrong path?  I am using the DataStax 2.0.2 driver, with Cassandra 2.0.8.

Should I be using <datasource-class> instead of <driver-class>?

Does anybody have a working example they can share?  Any help to get me going would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Bill

Re: Cassandra driver class

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
>From the little reading I did do about TEIID it sounded as if they do have
a connector that uses the Cassandra Java Driver, which is of course a good
thing. But that doesn't make their connector itself a topic for the Java
Driver list. I mean, the folks on the Java List are no more likely to know
about TEIID configuration (the original inquiry of this thread) than folks
here. Sure, no harm in asking, but seems like a wild goose chase to me.

Here are the mailing lists for TEIID:

Here's the TEID project on Jira for Cassandra topics:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-3239?jql=project%20%3D%20TEIID%20AND%20text%20~%20%22cassandra%22

And just for completeness, here's the TEIID Cassandra Connector link that
was offered earlier by Corry, even though it is rather sparse and doesn't
directly address the original inquiry:
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/TEIID/Cassandra+Data+Sources

In short, best bet is to ping the TEIID user list:

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Cassandra driver class

Posted by Corry Opdenakker <co...@bestdata.be>.

Re: Cassandra driver class