Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 03:53:20 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.1.5

The Apache Geronimo project is pleased to announce the available of Apache
Geronimo v2.1.5 server. This release includes many new features,
improvements, and bug fixes. Please see the detail information in the
release notes:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.5/RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.5.txt

A couple highlights are:
- Provide encryption ability for sensitive information in deployment plan,
configuration files, etc.
- Provide role-based administration capability
- Login module to enable Kerberos authentication
- Upgrade Tomcat to 6.0.26, Derby to 10.5.3.0, OpenJPA to 1.2.2, OpenEJB to
3.0.2, etc.

The individual jars and plugins have been available through maven. However,
the wiki system is still not work, so I just announce this in mailing list.
Once it recovers, will provide the news in the front page. So, currently you
can download the assemblies from:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/assemblies/

A big THANK YOU to all that contributed to this release!  Great work
everyone!

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.1.5

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kevan!

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

News has been published in homepage: http://geronimo.apache.org/
Artifacts has been published in:
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/2.1.5/, will it sync to mirrors in
24 hours?

Please review.

Thanks.

-Rex

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great job. I'll do the doc updates accordingly soon.

Jeff

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations everyone.

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Availability of Geronimo 2.1.5

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
Done.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.