Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> on 2009/06/07 19:28:41 UTC

Modeler Bug: DataNode Connection Info

I am fairly certain this is a modeler bug, and I have some
recollection that I might have bumped into it previously.

Cayenne Version: 3.0M6
Modeler Platform: OSX (OSX version 10.5.7)
Actions taken: I deleted my .cayenne directory an re-entered my
preferences

When Executing the following from Modeler:

1. Tools - Generate Database Schema

the "Generate DB Schema: Connect to Database" dialog window is
displayed with the following defaults:

1. "DataNode Connection Info"

the User Name and Password can only be changed for one pass.  The
changes do not persist.

This seems to be a problems only for the default "DataNode Connection
info and does not affect the "Local DataSources" stored via "Edit
Preferences" dialog window and selectable in the dialog drop-down list.

My recommendation is that the default datasource should be the last
datasource selected (and not an arbitrary default).  This pattern
seems more intuitive.

Joe