Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Kellstrand <mi...@rapix.com> on 2004/02/09 18:55:47 UTC

Install Tomcat without (most of) the JSDK ?

I have seen it implied that Tomcat really only needs tools.jar from
the J-SDK to be able to compile JSP's.

However, if you try to run the Tomcat installer without having
the J-SDK installed, it complains and exits.

I've also found that if you just use the .zip install,
the Tomcat startup script still looks for the J-SDK.

Is it possible somehow to install Tomcat without the J-SDK present
and then drop in tools.jar?

I am looking for the minimum I need to install on a fresh Windows PC
to be able to run Tomcat and my webapps (which have JSP's)
(Not counting pre-compiling the JSP's)

Thanks,

Mike Kellstrand