Posted to builds@apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2020/09/01 10:23:50 UTC

Jenkins "activity" timeout not working as expected

Hi,

In Sling we're using this for Pipeline Jobs [1]

timeout(time:15, unit: 'MINUTES', activity: true) {
  stage('Init') {
  stage('Configure Job') {
  build.call(jobConfig)
}

but it does not seem to take the job's activity [3] into account -
many jobs at [2] failed recently after 15 minutes, although there was
activity for most or all of that time, based on the build messages
timestamps.

The jobs logs do include the "Timeout set to expire after 15 min
without activity" message from Jenkins.

Is it working for others? Does anyone see what we're doing wrong?

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling-tooling-jenkins/blob/fc0216b06b682a670e41a26e5f256b3fa8c76280/src/org/apache/sling/jenkins/SlingJenkinsHelper.groovy#L63
[2] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Sling/job/modules/job/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing/job/master/
[3] https://www.jenkins.io/doc/pipeline/steps/workflow-basic-steps/#timeout-enforce-time-limit

Re: Jenkins "activity" timeout not working as expected

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Is this waiting for a build agent? I’ve seen that type of problem before
when the Windows agents weren’t online yet, so I had a pipeline timing out
waiting for an agent.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Jenkins "activity" timeout not working as expected

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.