Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <se...@atosorigin.com> on 2004/06/30 12:42:05 UTC

RE: how can i see which thread is currently being run?(solution t o RAMP DOWN!)

I've recently checked in some changes to the 2.0 branch which allow you to
stop a test or stop an individual thread (by name) using a BeanShell server
connection. This is intended for use when running in batch mode, but should
work in other modes too.

Have a look in extras/startup.bsh for details - this will contain a
definition of stopEngine() if you've got the updated version.

Once the server is started, just connect to the port using a Java-enabled
browser, or connect to port+1 using telnet. Choose port pair that is not
visible beyond the firewall...

==

You can also use BeanShell to set a property, and have the test use the
property to determine wait times or throughput or whatever. We're using that
for throughput (this has been in JMeter for some while).

S.
Posted by nlunebur <nl...@lisasoft.com>.
Hi All,
what i've done is something like this:

Thread Group (ramp-up period = 0, loop count = 1)
          Loop Controller
                      If Controller (Condition = ${__threadNum} <= 1)
                                  Http Requests
           Loop Controller
                      If Controller (Condition = ${__threadNum} <= 2)
                                  Http Requests
          Loop Controller
                      If Controller (Condition = ${__threadNum} <= 3)
                                  Http Requests

           etc ...

this way u can ramp down, and the period of ramp down can be set via the
loop counts.
enjoy!