Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Nanduri, Amarnath" <Am...@Agilquest.com> on 2001/02/21 20:18:13 UTC

struts 1.0 weblogic 5.10 sp8 jsp exception

Hi,

 I am getting this error at the <html:html locale="true"> tag. Any
suggestions ? Thanks.

cheers,
Amar..

Wed Feb 21 14:15:45 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-demo> resolving
taglib ur
i '/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld' to taglib-location /WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld:
Wed Feb 21 14:15:46 EST 2001:<I> <WebAppServletContext-demo> resolving
taglib ur
i '/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld' to taglib-location /WEB-INF/struts-html.tld:
Wed Feb 21 14:15:46 EST 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-demo> Servlet failed
with
 Exception
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line -1): Error in tag library at:
'html': T
he Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag' has no setter method
cor
responding to TLD declared attribute 'locale', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.jspException(StandardTagLib.java:
138)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTag(StandardTagLib.java, C
ompiled Code)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTagElements(StandardTagLib
.java, Compiled Code)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.<init>(StandardTagLib.java:125)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.loadTagLib(JspLexer.java:87)
        at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE_BODY(JspLexer.java, C
ompiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
Compil
ed Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mDIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code
)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mSTANDARD_THING(JspLexer.java:1760)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTOKEN(JspLexer.java:1601)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.nextToken(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code)

        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java, Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java, Compiled
Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.parse(JspParser.java:116)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:97)
        at
weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java, Co
mpiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java, Compiled
Code)

        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:217)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:164)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:101)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:124)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:907)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:851)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:252)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:364)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:252)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Re: struts 1.0 weblogic 5.10 sp8 jsp exception

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Nanduri, Amarnath" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am getting this error at the <html:html locale="true"> tag. Any
> suggestions ? Thanks.

It's another place where WebLogic is not compliant to the JSP 1.1 specs, and
should be reported to them if it has not been yet.

The "locale" attribute of the <html:html> tag is a boolean (true or false)
property.  The JSP engine is supposed to do the conversions outlined in Table
2-4 of the JSP 1.1 specification.  The original spec did not make it clear that
this was required on custom tag attributes, but that was resolved in an Errata
published last year:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/errata_1_1_a_042800.html

See issue #7.

> cheers,