Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> on 2017/12/08 08:00:17 UTC

Exception with Wicket 7.5.0 when FeedbackMessage is rendered

Hi there,

starting with Wicket 7.5.0 we get a WicketRuntimeException whenever a FeedbackMessage is rendered in our global FeedbackPanel that we use in our pages. Everything is fine if there are not messages, but as soon as there is any message to be rendered, we get this:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render. Possible reasons could be that: 1) you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered), 2) if your components were added in a parent container then make sure the markup for the child container includes them in <wicket:extend>.

1. [Component id = message]

              at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:666) ~[wicket-core-7.5.0.jar:7.5.0]

 Without any code changes in our application, this runs fine with Wicket 7.4.0. Any hint where I could start looking what causes this?

Cheers,
   Tom

Re: Exception with Wicket 7.5.0 when FeedbackMessage is rendered

Posted by Tom Götz <tg...@decoded.de>.
Ok, that problem seemed to be related to the wicket-bootstrap library, which we also use. An upgrade of that dependency from 0.10.7 to 0.10.16 solved the problem.

Cheers,
   Tom

Posted by Tom Götz <tg...@decoded.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Tom,

maybe you can create quickstart
http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html demonstrating this?

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Tom Götz <to...@decoded.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> starting with Wicket 7.5.0 we get a WicketRuntimeException whenever a FeedbackMessage is rendered in our global FeedbackPanel that we use in our pages. Everything is fine if there are not messages, but as soon as there is any message to be rendered, we get this:
>
> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to render. Possible reasons could be that: 1) you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the markup (thus the component will never be rendered), 2) if your components were added in a parent container then make sure the markup for the child container includes them in <wicket:extend>.
>
> 1. [Component id = message]
>
>               at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:666) ~[wicket-core-7.5.0.jar:7.5.0]
>

>  Without any code changes in our application, this runs fine with Wicket 7.4.0. Any hint where I could start looking what causes this?
>

> Cheers,
>    Tom

WBR
Maxim aka solomax