Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Gavin M. Bell" <cu...@6thcolumn.org> on 2002/04/29 17:59:41 UTC

How do I Put a file into a Jar's META-INF directory?

Hello All,

I am looking for a way to put a file that I have into a newly created
Jar's META-INF directory.  Is there a way using the "JAR" task that I
can specify a file to put into META-INF?

The goal is the build the JAR stuffed with the files I want into
META-INF.

Thanks a million....

P.S.
I notice there are undocumented tags etc with the JAR task... any other
goodies
would be apprecitaed. (i.e. <manifest> etc...)

--

					Cue (UNIX SEMPI)
					     *DJ
					     *Skate/Snowboarder
					     *Teacher
					     *Gymnast
					     *Writer
					     *Entrepreneur
					     *Hacker
					     *Programmer
					     *System Administrator
					     *Lover
					     *All Around Groovy Cat:-)
					http://www.6thcolumn.org/~cue/
					cue@6thcolumn.org
-------

"I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."
				-Samuel Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

PGP KEY: http://www.6thcolumn.org/~cue/cuekey.asc

Re: How do I Put a file into a Jar's META-INF directory?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Ah, sorry 'bout that.  I really gotta do CVS diff's before speaking!  :)

Thats rare that a feature is undocumented though, so if you stumble on any
more let us know.

    Erik

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
In this case its not undocumented.  Ant 1.4.1 documentation for <jar>
clearly documents the <metainf> nested element (no example provided using
it, but its there).

What is undocumented about <jar>?    <manifest> is a new 1.5 feature.

As far as I know there are no undocumented features.

    Erik