Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Kajal Sinha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/11 04:01:25 UTC

Multi-page table creation API in PDFBox.

Dear All,

I am trying to use PDFBox in my company project.

We already have single as well as bulk pdf report generation system mostly
containing tables in each report. We are trying to use PDFBox for the
existing system, but I am not able to find any TABLE related API in it.

I have gone through some projects on GitHub which provides Table API but it
does not have some important features like:
1. Text formatting within a cell.
2. Table extending across multiple pages.

I am looking for some sort of API which makes it easier to draw tables
considering the above mentioned points, instead of drawing tables using
rectangles.

Please let me know if there is any TABLE related API in PDFBox or a
workaround for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kajal Sinha

Re: Multi-page table creation API in PDFBox.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 11.01.2017 um 05:01 schrieb Kajal Sinha:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to use PDFBox in my company project.
>
> We already have single as well as bulk pdf report generation system mostly
> containing tables in each report. We are trying to use PDFBox for the
> existing system, but I am not able to find any TABLE related API in it.
>
> I have gone through some projects on GitHub which provides Table API but it
> does not have some important features like:
> 1. Text formatting within a cell.
> 2. Table extending across multiple pages.
>
> I am looking for some sort of API which makes it easier to draw tables
> considering the above mentioned points, instead of drawing tables using
> rectangles.
>
> Please let me know if there is any TABLE related API in PDFBox or a
> workaround for the same.

There isn't any table related API in PDFBox because there isn't in PDF.
You can try Boxable with is on top of PDFBox.

Tilman