Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hassan Abolhassani <Ha...@razorfish.com> on 2002/07/16 05:17:03 UTC

XSP encoding

I would like to insert some Japanese character inside xsp pages. For that I tried following declaration:

<xsp:page encoding="Shift_JIS"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
  xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0" >

Shift_JIS is the needed encoding. But when I put Japanese character i receive wrong characters.

With or without encoding declaration in xsp:page, when i have data come from a java class like for example <xsp:expr>r.getName()</xsp:expr>, i can see Japanese characters.

Could anyone tell me what might be wrong. XSP internals document says:

-------------------
   Markup Encoding
       Method getEncoding is implemented by class XSPMarkupLanguage by retrieving the  attribute named encoding in the root <xsp:page> element.

      In absence of a <xsp:page> root element, the encoding will be retrieved from an attribute named xsp:encoding present in the "user" root element.
--------------------

Should i put encoding in user root element?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Hassan

> I would like to insert some Japanese character inside xsp pages. For
that I
> tried following declaration:
>
> <xsp:page encoding="Shift_JIS"
>   xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
>   xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
>   xmlns:xsp-session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0" >
>
> Shift_JIS is the needed encoding. But when I put Japanese character i
receive
> wrong characters.
>
> With or without encoding declaration in xsp:page, when i have data
come from a
> java class like for example <xsp:expr>r.getName()</xsp:expr>, i can
see
> Japanese characters.
>
> Could anyone tell me what might be wrong. XSP internals document says:

What's your cocoon version?

Vadim