Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mike Hallan <mk...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/04/28 11:03:50 UTC

How to hide Performance from toolbar by default (not remove it)

Hi,
I've just migrated an application from NB8.2 to NB12.3.
Is there a way to hide the Performance/Profile item from the toolbar by default?
I know I can remove it by deleting the Performance item in XML Layer-Toolbars-Performance but I don't want to remove it. I just want it hidden from view when the user first starts the application but leave the ability for the user to later enable it from the application's View-Toolbars-performance menu item.
Thanks!

Re: How to hide Performance from toolbar by default (not remove it)

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 12:06, Mike Hallan <mk...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> I've just migrated an application from NB8.2 to NB12.3.
>
> Is there a way to hide the Performance/Profile item from the toolbar by default?

The way I've handled it is -

https://github.com/praxis-live/praxis-live/blob/master/praxis.live.core.ui/src/org/praxislive/ide/core/ui/resources/Standard.xml

and

https://github.com/praxis-live/praxis-live/blob/master/praxis.live.core.ui/src/org/praxislive/ide/core/ui/resources/layer.xml#L250

Best wishes,

Neil

AW: How to hide Performance from toolbar by default (not remove it)

Posted by Klaus Martinschitz <kl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

it is described here…

https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqHideShowToolbar.asciidoc