Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com> on 2009/04/08 09:14:26 UTC

Building kato using Maven

Hi all -  I've been thinking about using Maven 2 as the builder for  the API
instead of Ant.  It has some big advantages:

1 - It will deal with our binary dependency requirements in an elegant
manner (no need to have clunky fetch routines)
2 - It's understood by Hudson
3 - There are full plugins for Eclipse and Netbeans
4 - The Eclipse plugin at least makes use of the Maven POM and repository
system to allow seemless integration with the Eclipse compiler
5 - Maven can produce a professional website for us for almost free.

I like the idea but its a big change so I'd like to get others views on
whether this is a good idea ?   What are downsides?

Cheers

Steve