Posted to user@struts.apache.org by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/22 03:47:48 UTC

How to do the following in S@

Hi,

One page we got a Iterator containing the Action
Names, which means Actions names are not known
earlier,

How can we retrieve the value inside the URL tag.

How can we retrieve the dynamic action names like this
in S2

that is in <s:url tag how to give a dynamic action
value from the iterator

<s:iterator id="testID" value="#session.xxxxxxx">

<s:url id="url" action="<NEED TO GET FROM testID e.g
testID.actionName >">

<s:param name="subjectYear" value="year" id="course"
/>
<s:param name="courseId" value="courseId"
id="course"/>
			</s:url>

	        <s:a href="%{url}">
		           		 Subjects
	        </s:a>
 </s:iterator>

____________________________________________________________________________________Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

Re: How to do the following in S@

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
thanks for the reply,

Yes we tried that, also tried #testID.actionName both
doesnt seem to work, It looks like it doesnt evaluate
what is inside the action = ""  it prints the
expression values as it is without evaluating.

One other thing which I want to note is that, this is
a portlet, Should I code differently because this is a
portlet,(I havent done it yet)

Does S2, UI tag syntax changes based on it is Web or
Portlet

Thanks,

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Did you try this?

Posted by tom tom <j_...@yahoo.com>.
In Struts 1.x we achieved the following by <html:el
tag