Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Fabio Uechi <fa...@alexandria.cc> on 2004/05/17 18:01:29 UTC

pdf plugin - png images - jimi and jai libraries

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to generate the pdf doc for my project but I'm having
some problems with the insertion of PNG image files.
The plugin conplains that the JIMI library is not present.
Checking  the FOP website I saw that I should download and
install this library (or JAI) manually because of license
issues.
I was supposed to copy it to {fop-install-dir}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar.
But I don't have fop installed. So I added it as a dependency in
my POM. It didn't work. The pdf plugin still doesn't find the
jar in the classpath. Do I have to change the plugin jelly
script to make it work? Does anyone know a workaround or a
solution for this?
BTW, I'm using maven-pdf-plugin version 2.1.

Thanks in advance
Fábio

Re: pdf plugin - png images - jimi and jai libraries

Posted by Fabio Uechi <fa...@alexandria.cc>.
Hi again,

I found a workaround. Don't know if it's the best solution but
it's working now.
I created 3 new properties in my project.properties. Each of
them just point to the respective library location.

maven.pdf.jimi.jar = ${maven.repo.local}/jimi/jars/jimi-1.0.jar
maven.pdf.jaicore.jar =
${maven.repo.local}/jai/jars/jai_core-1.1.2.jar
maven.pdf.jaicodec.jar =
${maven.repo.local}/jai/jars/jai_codec-1.1.2.jar

After that I've inserted the following lines to the plugin.jelly
script file:

<goal name="pdf:pdf".....
<java classname="org.apache.fop.apps.Fop" ....
            <classpath>
                <pathelement
location="${plugin.getDependencyPath('fop')}"/>
                <pathelement
location="${plugin.getDependencyPath('batik')}"/>
                <pathelement
location="${plugin.getDependencyPath('batik:batik-awt-util')}"/>
.
.
.
----- begin insertion -------
                <pathelement
location="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-pdf-plugin').getVariable('maven.pdf.jimi.jar')}"/>
                <pathelement
location="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-pdf-plugin').getVariable('maven.pdf.jaicore.jar')}"/>
                <pathelement
location="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-pdf-plugin').getVariable('maven.pdf.jaicodec.jar')}"/>
----- end insertion ---------

That's all.
If anyone knows about a better solution. Let me know!

Thanks
Fábio

Fabio Uechi writes:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm trying to generate the pdf doc for my project but I'm having
> some problems with the insertion of PNG image files.
> The plugin conplains that the JIMI library is not present.
> Checking  the FOP website I saw that I should download and
> install this library (or JAI) manually because of license
> issues.
> I was supposed to copy it to {fop-install-dir}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar.
> But I don't have fop installed. So I added it as a dependency in
> my POM. It didn't work. The pdf plugin still doesn't find the
> jar in the classpath. Do I have to change the plugin jelly
> script to make it work? Does anyone know a workaround or a
> solution for this?
> BTW, I'm using maven-pdf-plugin version 2.1.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Fábio

RE: pdf plugin - png images - jimi and jai libraries

Posted by ah...@apache.org.
Sorry but I sent this mail 5 hours ago but it wasn't received on the ML.

I'm thinking that if you only copy the jar it won't work because we define
the classpath for FOP in the plugin script.

What you must do:
1) Copy the jar where you want.
2) Add a new pathelement where we call FOP in the pdf's plugin.jelly file.

I'm sorry but I didn't think about this.

Can you add an issue on Jira please?

I'll try to find a better solution.

Arnaud.

Posted by Arnaud Heritier <ar...@laposte.net>.
Did you try to add the jar in $MAVEN_HOME/lib ??

Arnaud.

Posted by Arnaud Heritier <ar...@laposte.net>.