Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@apache.org> on 2013/07/25 20:57:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.7.0 RC0

Hello,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Crunch 0.7.0. This is our first release that includes specific Maven repos
and convenience binaries for both hadoop1 (the default version 0.7.0) and
hadoop2 (version0.7.0-hadoop2).

The release fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313526&version=12324407

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. We need 3 PMC member +1s in
order to make the release.

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~jwills/crunch-0.7.0-RC0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-019/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=crunch.git;a=tag;h=2fba4db73ff45520143e5ea740e0477221bf6cb3

Crunch's KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/crunch/KEYS

Thanks,
Josh

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.7.0 RC0

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Checked signatures and checksums, ran RAT, checked git source tag
against contents of the tarball, checked LICENSE and NOTICE, ran a
test using the Hadoop 2 core artifact.

Cheers,
Tom

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release.

Verified signatures, src tarball & tag against our validation guidelines.

regards
Rahul

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de> wrote:

> On Saturday, 2013-07-27, Ashish wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I am not an expert on this, we had a faced this during our recent 3.0 M1
> > release, and what I understood was anything you bundle need to be
> mentioned.
> > I am banging my head to get this right :) Probably ignore this as a false
> > alarm :)
>
> Yeah, I spent days trying to get it right :)
>
> > Quick question, Snappy/Javaassist also has ASL 2.0 lic, so do we need to
> > mention this in NOTICE?
>
> Yep, and in fact they are both mentioned. Section 4(d) of the ASL 2.0
> license requires us to do this.
>
> Regards,
>   Matthias

Got it. You have already added the Licences to LICENCE file, and NOTICE
file is only needed to update if bundled dep has a NOTICE file.
Damn, it might be a while before I get this right :( I take back my minor
observations.

++1 for release :)

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.7.0 RC0

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de> wrote:

> Hi Ashish,
>
> thanks for checking the distribution! See answers below.
>
> On Saturday, 2013-07-27, Ashish wrote:
> [...]
> > 1. IMHO, need not pkg junit and mockito jars
>
> The reason junit and mockito are distributed is that they are a
> dependency of crunch-test. I think some time ago we agreed to
> eliminate crunch-test as soon as the TemporaryPath class that we
> contributed to mrunit is available on an mrunit release (1.1?).
> Until then, we have to bear with these additional jars (and the
> licensing stuff that comes with them).

Got it ! My mistake

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.
Hi Ashish,

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Ran the build, works like a charm

Few minor observations on bin pkg

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

Verified signatures, verified contents of tar.gz distributions vs zip distributions, sucessfully ran full unit and integration tests on source for hadoop-1 and hadoop-2 profiles (all on Mac OS X).

- Gabriel