Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Lau <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/25 07:47:07 UTC

Assembly Dependencies using Custom Packaging

Hi,

I have a number of projects which are built using the
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin, using <packaging>bundle</
packaging>.

I have another project which I'm trying to use to assemble my bundles
(as well as some additional felix bundles) into a standard directory
hierarchy for execution.

My pom doesn't contain anything special for the maven-assembly-plugin
other than the path to the assembly descriptor.

And my assembly descriptor contains:

     <assembly>
         <dependencySets>
             <dependencySet>
                 <outputDirectory>dropins</outputDirectory>
                 <includes>
                     <include>mygroupid:*:bundle:*</include>
                 </includes>
             </dependencySet>
         </dependencySets>
     </assembly>

As it currently stands, assembly:assembly fails to copy anything.

If I change the include packaging from :bundle: to :jar: the bundle
projects get copied, but so do a bunch of additional JARs.
Unfortunately, I also need to split these additional JARs out to a
separate folder so I can't just make do with what I have.

Is there any magic to getting the <packaging>bundle</packaging>
recognised within the assembly descriptor so I can use it for filtering?

Cheers,
Martin