Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Dipti Mathur <di...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/02 17:16:40 UTC

Question on Twissandra

Hi All,

I am a newbie to cassandra so my apologies if this question sounds trivial
to most of you. My friends and I have been trying to make the source code of
twissandra work so we can begin understanding how things work. We were sort
of hoping to do our final semester project in Cassandra rather than MongoDB.

We have done the following:

1. Installed Cassandra (checked the cli - all works well) *
apache-cassandra-0.6.5 *from http://cassandra.apache.org/ AND necessary
python-cassandra-0.6.1 modules.
I already have django and other dependencies installed on my system.
2. Installed thrift (checked a sample python code - it executed correctly)
3. Checked out the twissandra code and followed the readme.txt to set it up.
4. Ran the cassandra server and while it was started, executed all steps in
the readme file up to* python -v manage.py sync_cassandra*

This step just hangs. Gives no error message. The -v option gave the last
line of execution as:

# /home/dipti/twissandra/users/models.pyc matches
/home/dipti/twissandra/users/models.py
import users.models # precompiled from
/home/dipti/twissandra/users/models.pyc

I also tried executing after removing the pyc files but still this step
hangs. And on running the webserver, the 8000 port of localhost shows
nothing on the browser. Can anyone help me figure out what we are all
missing here?

Regards,
Dipti

Re: Question on Twissandra

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 20:46 +0530, Dipti Mathur wrote:
> We have done the following:
>
> 1. Installed Cassandra (checked the cli - all works well) *
> apache-cassandra-0.6.5 *from http://cassandra.apache.org/ AND
> necessary python-cassandra-0.6.1 modules.
> I already have django and other dependencies installed on my system.
> 2. Installed thrift (checked a sample python code - it executed
> correctly)
> 3. Checked out the twissandra code and followed the readme.txt to set
> it up.
> 4. Ran the cassandra server and while it was started, executed all
> steps in the readme file up to* python -v manage.py sync_cassandra*

Twissandra has been updated for the upcoming 0.7 release.  Try using
0.7.0 beta2 instead (http://goo.gl/5eDW).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com