Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2003/12/16 22:41:54 UTC

2.0rc3 before XMas?

Folks,
Any chance of getting 2.0rc3 out of the door before XMas? What do you
think?

Oleg

Re: 2.0rc3 before XMas?

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Oleg,

I was afraid you would say that :)  You are correct though.  The fact
that RC2 was totally broken in regard to authentication is a good
enough reason for a real RC3.

Let's try and get things together for RC3 this weekend.  We have a
couple of days for testing and adding any last minute patches.  I will
call for an official RC3 vote Friday morning, assuming no-one has any
trouble with that plan.

Mike

Re: 2.0rc3 before XMas?

Re: 2.0rc3 before XMas?

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
I would love to.  Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.  We have
two options that I can see:

  - Create a full fledged rc 3 release.  After a week or so, if there
are no major bugs, we could retag it as 2.0 final.
  - Create a unofficial release and publish it from one of our personal
apache accounts.  This one could then be tested thoroughly and released
as 2.0 final after everyone is happy that it works.

My preference is for the second method, mostly because it avoids going
through the whole offical release process twice.  Perhaps I am just
being lasy, but I think if we are comfortable that authentication and
proxying are working correctly then 2.0 is ready.  We always have the
option of a 2.0.1 if anything major is missed.

What does everyone think?

Mike