Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Chad Schoettger <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/07 00:40:51 UTC

Bug in the ControlTestContainer?

I am in the process of switching the JDBC system control's junit tests over
to using the ControlTestCase base class.  It seems the test container is not
ending the control container context correctly -- the JDBC control's
onRelease() event handler is never being invoked.  I've attached a possible
fix for this issue but thought I'd get input from others on the list if it
is the proper solution.

The fix was to call the ControlContainerContext's endContext() method
instead of ControlThreadContext.endContext() method.

 - Thanks,
     Chad

Re: Bug in the ControlTestContainer?

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Chad--

  Great catch -- it's actually the case that *both* beginContext and
endContext aren't being called on the ControlContainerContext object.
Oops.  :)

  I've filed BEEHIVE-1034 to track this and should have a fix in
shortly.  Thanks for pointing it out and offering up a fix.

Eddie