Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2014/02/05 15:57:46 UTC

Airavata's gsissh tool and Kerberos

Will Airavata's gsissh tool (/tools/gsissh) work with Kerberos tickets
in addition to short term x.509 grid credentials? Or would JSCH do this
out of the box?

Thanks--

Marlon

Re: Airavata's gsissh tool and Kerberos

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Once I finish the Orchestrator work I can look in to this, if this is not
urgent.

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Airavata's gsissh tool and Kerberos

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
But we should verify. I am bit concern because we modify GSS Context to
handle MyProxy credentials and also preferred authentication mechanisms
also. So need to verify those changes does not affect default Kerberos
usage.

Thanks
Amila

Posted by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com>.
I did some searching on the subject.

As Suresh said, It seems JSCH does support Kerberos out of the box.

[1]
http://epaul.github.io/jsch-documentation/javadoc/com/jcraft/jsch/GSSContext.html
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/jsch-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01075.html

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, it seems. But better to verify.
> +1 for Kerberos authentication support in GSISSH.
>
> Thanks
> Amila
>

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I did not verify any of this, but the instructions say JSCH supports
>> kerberos. From what I could tell the jgss tutorials help -
>>

>> https://www.mail-archive.com/jsch-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01048.html
>> http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/com/jcraft/jsch/jgss/GSSContextKrb5.html
>>
>> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jgss/tutorials/index.html
>>
>> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jgss/single-signon.html
>>
>> Suresh
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2014, at 10:53 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I am willing to bet that jcraft supports Kerberos out of the box
>> without any code changes but with only subtle configurations like what
>> Amila referred below.
>> >
>> > + 1 on the importance of Kerberos and making it a first class supported
>> protocol for credential store.
>> >
>> > Suresh

>> should be
>> authentication. In