Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Woodgate <wo...@realtime.net> on 2001/06/28 18:25:41 UTC

mod_perl/dynaloader problem...

Sorry if this is a known problem, but I didn't see anything in the
archives and I've installed these a bunch of times before without a
problem

Mandrake 8.0
perl-5.6.1
mod_perl-1.25
apache-1.3.20

I had problems compiling Apache::Request with the default Mandrake
perl/apache packages, so I downloaded the latest stable versions and
built using the "flexible" way where mod_perl is statically linked
(but I do enable DSO in case there are other modules I'll need later)

things seem to work pretty well, but if I try to use Apache::Request
in my startup.pl script (or a module) I get the following:

[Thu Jun 28 11:20:17 2001] [error] Can't load '/usr/contrib/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.0: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/contrib/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
 at /usr/contrib/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux/mod_perl.pm line 14
Compilation failed in require at /usr/contrib/httpd/conf/startup.pl
line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/contrib/httpd/conf/startup.pl line 8.

The file exists and I've checked permissions (both looking at the
directory structure and su - nobody and ran nm on Request.so) they
look fine.  The directories it's using (/usr/contrib) is where I have
my version of perl installed.

I can also run startup.pl outside of mod_perl and it works fine, I got
a similar error from Image::Magick, so it seems to be a problem with
the dynaloader module when it's embedded in mod_perl.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
woody@realtime.net