Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/10/05 00:37:14 UTC

Help with ODT file for Getting Started Guide

I have created the ODT file for the Getting Started book. It definitely
needs A in-depth review to make sure that all the xrefs are correct.

Along with that, there is a major problem I cannot seem to overcome. It
is laid out in Issue 91 in GitHub. Basically, The TOC is not linking
correctly. You cannot use it to jump directly to a location.

My system is slowly losing its mind and I can no longer do an
administrative installation to see if it is a just my flaky system or if
it is an actual bug in  4.1.13.

If one of you could check that the TOC updates correctly with 4.1.13 or
if we need to drop back to an older version.

The ODT file is AOO41GS.odt in the review folder of the Getting Started
guide.

Regards
Keith

Re: Help with ODT file for Getting Started Guide

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Jean;

That did it. Sorry for my misunderstanding your initial Instructions.
Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us on the straight and
narrow. I am sure we would be further behind if it were not for your
knowledge and expertise.

Regards
Keith

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Jean;
>
> I seem to be misunderstanding your instructions as I cannot seem to
> replicate what you did.
>
> Here are the steps I took:
> 1. Right-click the TOC
> 2. Click the Entries tab

3. Highlight level 1 and click hyperlink

No - go to the *Structure* line, click in the first white space, then click
Hyperlink. You should now see LS (link start) in  that place.

> 4. Highlight level 10 and click hyperlink

No - stay on the *Structure* line. Go to the LAST white space (after the #

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Jean;

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.
Keith.