Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org> on 2017/07/18 15:10:46 UTC

podling artifacts in maven: GAV names, disclaimer?

Hi,

What are the requirements on group, artifact, version coordinates for podling artifacts in a maven repo with respect to “incubating” tagging?

Generally, [1] indicates a requirement to include “incubating” in release bundle names.
We (Edgent) did that for our convenience binary bundle too, but not the jars in the bundle.

We’re now working towards releasing individual convenience binaries (jars) in maven central.
The general info on maven repo artifacts [2] and [3] doesn’t add any clarity and I can’t locate any incubator specific info on the coordinates.

Also, must each binary release artifact jar contain the disclaimer?

Thanks,
— Dale

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases <http://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases>
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html <http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html>
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html <http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html>

Re: podling artifacts in maven: GAV names, disclaimer?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Yep.

Everything I’ve read leads me to believe “convenience binary bundles" (e.g., zip) and (maven repository distributed) "convenience binary jars" are “release artifacts”.  Hence it’s just that these jars are exempt from this “incubating in the name requirement" for release artifacts.  Is that the correct description?

— Dale

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
I've often seen that the version includes -incubating.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Dale,