Posted to bridges-user@portals.apache.org by JayaKarteek Vasana Rao <Ja...@igate.com> on 2008/06/04 14:06:29 UTC

Jboss portal bridge error

I have jboss-portal-2.6.5.GA.

I am trying to convert simple struts application to portlet but I am
getting errors to display the portlet while deploying.

I did necessary modification that are required in portlet.xml,
struts-config.xml, web.xml , struts-portlet-config.xml ,
jboss-portlet.xml.

At first I got error NoclassFoundException for
JBossServletContextProvider   then I imported portal-bridge-lib.jar  and
it solved

Now if I deploy the .war file this time it shows following error.

2008-06-04 16:39:49,608 DEBUG
[org.jboss.portal.portlet.container.org_apache_portals_bridges_struts_St
rutsPortlet] Creating portlet object
org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet

2008-06-04 16:39:49,624 DEBUG
[org.jboss.portal.portlet.container.org_apache_portals_bridges_struts_St
rutsPortlet] Created portlet object
org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]
org.jboss.portal.portlet.container.PortletInitializationException: The
portlet TestStrutsPortlet threw a portlet exception during init

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.jsr168.PortletContainerImpl.start(PortletC
ontainerImpl.java:260)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.portlet.impl.container.PortletApplicationContextImpl.st
artPortletApplication(PortletApplicationContextImpl.java:135)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.portlet.deployment.jboss.PortletAppDeployment.start(Por
tletAppDeployment.java:151)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.core.deployment.jboss.PortletAppDeployment.start(Portle
tAppDeployment.java:96)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.server.deployment.jboss.DeploymentContext.start(Deploym
entContext.java:99)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,639 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.jboss.portal.server.deployment.jboss.PortalDeploymentInfoContext.sta
rt(PortalDeploymentInfoContext.java:211)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,655 ERROR [STDERR]        at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2008-06-04 16:39:49,655 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by:
javax.portlet.PortletException: class not found

2008-06-04 16:39:49,655 ERROR [STDERR]        at
org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet.init(StrutsPortlet.java:
148)

iGATE is Ranked No. 3 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.6
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India
----------------------------------------------------------------DISCLAIMER---------------------------------------------------------
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments

Re: Jboss portal bridge error

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Its very difficult to provide help here without more specific/detailed description *what* goes wrong.
A ClassCastException in some JBoss PortalContainerImpl.start() method doesn't mean much to me as I'm not a JBoss Portal
developer or user (you probably are better off asking this on the JBoss forums).
If you want to dive into this yourself (and you should), try to lookup the code for this specific class and find the
line number of the ClassCastException: it'll tell you exactly which class it is expecting instead.

The only other suggestion I can give right now is looking at the JPetStorePortlet example available from JBoss
PortletSwap: http://www.jboss.org/portletswap/downloads/portlets/framework/

That example actually is "taken" from Portal Bridges and using the Struts Bridge (I created that example myself based
upon the JPetstore from Apache iBatis), but the JBoss team did some changes themselves AFAIK, specifically adding JBoss
  Portal required configurations. Anyway, I'd suggest trying out that example and see if it runs as expected and then
compare to your own application.

My suspicion is you either have too much or the wrong jars in your WEB-INF/lib folder (especially: *don't* include the
portlet-api jar yourself, JBoss Portal is *required* to provide that themselves already through a shared classloader).

HTH,

Ate